Gluten Free Strawberry Pie
Spring is on its way! Let's enjoy the seasonal bright bountiful berries. They are sweet, crisp, and loaded in vitamins to help you feel good. With a gluten free crust, this is a recipe for everyone to enjoy. You can use fresh or frozen strawberries, and feel free to use your own crust recipe too!
1 large Frozen gluten free pie crust (let thaw)
4 cups Strawberries (quartered if large)
½ cup Swerve sugar alternative (or maple syrup)
½ cup Water
2 tsp Lemon juice
3 tbsp Gelatin
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Wash strawberries. Remove stems and cut into quarters in large.
3. Cover pie crust with foil, press down to shape the crust. Place the crust in the oven for 8 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 5 minutes.
4. While your crust bakes, combine 1/2 the strawberries, sugar, the water, and lemon juice in a saucepan.
5. Bring the ingredients to a boil and then stir for about 5 minutes until the syrup begins to thicken, stir in the gelatin, stirring until it is completely dissolved.
6. Remove the strawberries and syrup from the stovetop, distributing half of the mixture into the pie crust.
7. Layer half the fresh strawberries on top of that and then repeat until all the strawberries are used, fresh ones topping the pie.
8. NOTE: You may want to reserve some of the syrup to drizzle over the top of the berries so that they will glaze over while they are in the refrigerator.
9. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set and chilled.
10. Serve with whipped cream if desired.
Serving Size: 1 Slice