Slow Cooker Chicken Breast
This juicy delicacy is perfect for food prep! I am a huge advocate of prepping individual ingredients that can make multiple different dishes. Doing so keeps food interesting throughout the week vs boring and eating the same meal over and over. Place this chicken on a salad for lunch, in a quick chili packed with veggies, on a sandwich shredded and mixed with your favorite sauce, or Tex Mex bowl. The possibilities are endless.
½ cup Low sodium chicken broth
1 tbsp Butter, unsalted, softened
½ tsp Salt
1 tsp Dried parsley
1 tsp Garlic powder
1 tsp Black pepper
1 tsp Lemon pepper
1 tsp Onion powder
1 tsp Paprika
2 lbs Boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 4 chicken breasts)
1. Place chicken broth and softened butter in the slow cooker.
2. In a small bowl, combine and mix the salt, parsley, garlic powder, black pepper, lemon pepper, onion powder, and paprika. Rub this mixture on the chicken breast.
3. Place chicken breast in slow cooker with the broth and butter.
4. Cover. Cook on low for 4 hours or until an internal temperature reached 165 degrees F.
5. Once done, remove and cut into slices, chunks, or shred!
The way you do this depends on what you want the chicken to go with. **SHREDDING TIP: use a Kitchen Aid or hand mixer to shred the chicken! This makes shredding chicken QUICK and easy. **Store in an airtight container in the fridge. This stays good and easily reheats for up to 6 days.
Serving Size: 4 oz chicken (chicken measured RAW)